Projects this year included finishing the great room ceiling, kitchen build out, completing the master bathroom upstairs with a really nice standing shower, sink/vanity and toilet, more sheetrock, and staining – always lots more staining. Advertisements
During the second half of 2013, the interior finishing continued as well as more exterior staining. The front and back are stained, just need to clear coat – the only spot left is the east side of the upstairs, not … Continue reading
It’s been awhile since a blog post so I thought I would write a bit about the cabin progress since dry-in was completed. After going up this winter we rented a truck and made the big Lowes/Ikea run – we … Continue reading
We drove up just for the day, and the Mini Cooper definitely could not have made it down our drive, so we parked by the road and hiked down – got the bathroom painted and took some great pics – … Continue reading
After trying to get a few estimates locally and not being impressed, we decided to have the original builder Kenny and his guys come back to wire the electrical rough-in and do the plumbing. They basically built the entire house … Continue reading
This gallery contains 15 photos.
Finally! After 11 weeks (original estimate was 4), the cabin dry-in is complete. We were able to get the first floor log washed and borate treatment done – need to do the back and the second story when we get … Continue reading
This week saw the roof get put on as well as the windows installed! Looks really great and I have also paid for the woodstove so that should be coming soon – we are in the home stretch and all … Continue reading